ONE PAN HEALTHY EASY CHICKEN ALFREDO WITH BROCCOLI
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Seem too good to be true? This recipe will take care of that Alfredo craving without leaving you feeling lethargic! A chicken Alfredo recipe with broccoli that’s made in ONE PAN and with less calories than a traditional Alfredo.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1-2 teaspoons) – see note
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 package (12 oz) Organic Whole Wheat Rotini
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream, warmed
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, more for serving if desired
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat using a large, deep skillet (with a cover available). Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until golden-brown on the outside and almost cooked through.
- Add garlic and continue to cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli, Full Circle Organic Whole Wheat Rotini, broth, and milk. Stir to combine. Cover, turn heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 8 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes (to cook pasta evenly), or until pasta is al dente.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low. Add warmed cream, Parmesan, and parsley. Cook until Parmesan melts and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- If desired, serve garnished with more cheese and parsley.
- If you like more garlic, feel free to add it! On the flip side, you can omit it or use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for a milder garlic flavor.